Angelina Jolie has reportedly started to take legal action against the Daily Mail days after a high-profile row with George Clooney over another article on the newspaper's website.
MailOnline published a video last week that it said showed Jolie soon after taking drugs in the 1990s. Jolie has now begun legal action over the video, which she feels was a violation of her privacy, according to The Times.
The video purports to show the actress walking around her apartment, in a state that MailOnline said was ‘the essence of a druggie’.
Jolie has in the past been open about taking drugs in her youth.
The US-based National Enquirer posted the video on Tuesday. MailOnline then re-published the video, adding its logo to the National Enquirer one that was already featured.
Convicted drug dealer Franklin Meyer is thought to have taken the video, and claims he was supplying Jolie with drugs at the time it was taken.
MailOnline was unavailable for comment.
The video appeared to have been removed from at least one of the articles hosting it.
The news follows MailOnline’s apology to George Clooney, over an article that claimed that the actor’s mother-in-law was opposed to his forthcoming marriage to Amal Alamuddin on religious grounds. Clooney has since refused to accept the apology from the site.Reuse content