Bill Cosby project dropped by NBC following allegations the actor sexually assaulted women

Model Janice Dickinson is the latest woman to claim the comic abused her

Click to follow
The Independent Online

A US network has scrapped a project with Bill Cosby, following mounting allegations that the actor sexually assaulted women.

NBC said in a statement: “We can confirm that the Cosby project is no longer in development,” but did not make any further comments.

The announcement comes after the popular streaming website Netflix “postponed” its post-Thanksgiving Cosby stand-up comedy special, according to the Hollywood Reporter website.

Sources reportedly told the website that NBC had received the final script for the project which was not yet set for production.

On Tuesday, actress Janice Dickinson became the third woman in recent weeks to claim that Cosby had assaulted her. 

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, 59-year-old Dickinson claimed that Cosby had drugged and raped her in 1982, after he invited her to visit him at a hotel in Lake Tahoe, California, where he was performing a stand-up show.

Cosby’s lawyers called Dickinson’s claims “false and outlandish”.

 

Last week, former model Barbara Bowman accused Cosby of having “drugged and raped” her in 1985, when she was 17-year-old aspiring actress.

Bowman was one of 13 women called to take to the witness stand in 2006 when Andrea Constand claimed that Cosby had drugged and assaulted her in his Philadelphia mansion in 2004.

The allegations were firmly denied by Cosby’s lawyers. In 2006, he settled the case with Constand, and the terms of the settlement remain undisclosed.

Publicist Joan Tarshis also alleges she was sexually assaulted by the comedian in 1969. In an account published on the website Hollywood Elsewhere, Ms Tarshis claimed Mr Cosby mixed her a drink at his studio bungalow, and she grew woozy and disoriented.

The actor has consistently strongly denied all the previous allegations.

Comments