Bill Cosby rape allegations: Raven-Symone denies rumours she was assaulted by actor

The Cosby Show star puts out message on Instagram to ‘keep me out of this!’

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Raven-Symone, the former The Cosby Show actor who first appeared on the hit series at the age of three, has denied rumours that she was raped by the comedian.

“I was NOT taken advantage of by Mr Cosby when I was on The Cosby Show! I was practically a baby on that show and this is truly a disgusting rumour that I want no part of!

“Everyone on that show treated me with nothing but kindness. Now keep me out of this!” she wrote on Instagram with a picture of her as a young child on the show.

 

 

Raven-Symone’s comments follow an article by Hip Hop Hangover, which alleged the actress had “revealed to TMZ offices that she too had been raped and drugged years ago following the shows last episode [sic]”. The show ended in 1992, when the actress would have been around the age of six.

The website itself claims to be “a gossip parody and a satirical publication,” however the article itself has been shared on social media over 154,000 times, prompting Raven-Symone to make a statement about the rumours.

On Tuesday, former supermodel Janice Dickinson became the latest person to allege Mr Cosby assaulted her. She claimed that in 1982, the actor and comedian invited her visit him at a hotel in Lake Tahoe, California, where he was performing a stand-up show, and drugged and raped her. In a TV interview the supermodel alleged that Mr Cosby gave her a glass of wine and a pill she believed was to relieve her cramps. She said the last thing she remembered was Mr Cosby taking of his robe and climbing on top of her, before she woke up the next morning “with my pyjamas off and there was semen in between my legs”.

Mr Cosby’s lawyers have called the claims “false and outlandish” and "a complete lie".

Ms Dickinson’s claims are the latest in a string of accusations of sexual assault against Mr Cosby in recent weeks, all of which he has strongly and consistently denied. At the weekend the actor's lawyers said that he will not be commenting on the "decade-old discredited".

"The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true," they said.

US network CBS announced on Wednesday it has axed a project with Mr Cosby that was in development, and Netflix has revealed it has “postponed” its Cosby special it had lined up for after Thanksgiving.

Comments