Charlie Sheen announces TV return
Tuesday 19 July 2011
Charlie Sheen will return to acting in new sitcom 'Anger Management'.
The star will appear in a TV adaption loosely based on the 2003 comedy film of the same name – which starred Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler - about a businessman who is sent to counselling classes chaired by an aggressive therapist.
The 46-year-old actor said in a statement: "I chose 'Anger Management' because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept."
Charlie's character will be "a mild-mannered, non-confrontational" man who ends up in sessions with an analyst "who could probably use some anger management himself," according to the statement.
The new show is Charlie's first acting project since he was fired from 'Two and a Half Men' earlier this year after questions over conduct in his personal life turned into a public argument with the show's creator, Chuck Lorre.
'Anger Management' will instead team the star with producer Joe Roth, whom he worked with on some of the biggest films of his career including 'Major League', 'Young Guns' and 'The Three Musketeers'.
'Two and a Half Men' will continue without Charlie - who was at one time the highest paid TV star in America – with Ashton Kutcher as the show's new lead.
A start date for 'Anger Management' has yet to be announced.
Latest in News
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Job Title - HR Manager Role type - Pe...
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Charter Selection: Leading global manufacturing com...
£185 - £250 per day: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a ...