Cowell denies deep freeze plan
Wednesday 25 February 2009
Simon Cowell's camp has denied he is planning to have his body frozen after he dies.
The X Factor judge said he'd like to be frozen, so he could be brought back to life in the future, during a recent dinner with Prime Minister Gordon Brown - triggering reports he meant it seriously.
But Lisa Dallos, a spokeswoman for Simon, said reports that the TV star was planning to invest in cryogenics have been greatly exaggerated.
She said the comment was tongue-in-cheek and that Simon, who can currently be seen as a judge on TV talent show American Idol, meant it as a joke.
David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Ukip and Nigel Farage on the up over Maria Miller furore and 'Sexminster' culture
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 Twitter’s American Airlines ‘terror threat’ 14-year-old girl arrested by police in Rotterdam
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 Man on a leash in Farringdon, London: Mystery of 'walkies' solved
- 5 World’s first cannabis vending machine unveiled in Colorado