Madonna's satire misjudges the mood
It was revealed this week that at a concert in Washington, Madonna pressed her audience to vote for Obama, then observed, "for better or for worse… we have a black Muslim in the White House, OK?"
Perhaps Madge was a little light headed after a strenuous afternoon at the Ashanti or maybe she was having a bash at a bit of po-mo humour. But then her wit and wisdom does tend towards the eccentric.
Witness her comments after acquiring a country house, "I love horses, I think I may have been one of Henry VIII's knights in another life". Or her insight into theology, "crucifixes are sexy because there's a naked man on them". Perhaps her most telling quote came in the mid-90s: "Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion."
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Latest in News
Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£600 - £750 per day: Cornwallis Elt : SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER- HR- ORACLE- ASS...
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Job Title - HR Manager Role type - Pe...