Mel Gibson's stepmother files restraining order against him
Wednesday 04 July 2012
Mel Gibson's stepmother has filed for a restraining order against him, claiming he threatened her and spat in her face.
In the latest controversy to plague the Lethal Weapon star, 78-year-old Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson, who is divorcing Gibson's father, Hutton, after 11 years, said she feared for her safety.
Her petition accuses her stepson of screaming at her for questioning his preference for the medical care of his father John, 93. The application also describes an alleged incident in May when Mel Gibson became "incensed and began acting like a wild man" around her. Mrs Gibson claims she "could feel his spit hitting her face" as the 56-year-old actor abused her. Mrs Gibson calls her stepson as "a very dangerous man" and suggests "it is only a matter of time before Mel crosses the line even further and physically assaults me".
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Latest in News
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Job Title - HR Manager Role type - Pe...
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Charter Selection: Leading global manufacturing com...
£185 - £250 per day: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a ...