Never mind, George E. – you're in good company...
George Entwistle's 54 days as the BBC's Director-General might be considered short, but he lasted longer than many others in high-profile jobs.
He comfortably beat the 17 days David Laws managed as Chief Secretary to the Treasury before he resigned over his expenses in 2010.
Entwistle also beat Brian Clough's 44 days in his now infamous spell as manager of Leeds Utd in 1974.
Although not the shortest reign as head of the Catholic church, Pope John Paul I was pope for just 33 days before his death in 1978. The record for the shortest reign as a monarch is thought by many to be held by King Louis the XIXth of France, who, in 1830, was king for 20 minutes before abdicating.
But for an even briefer spell still we have to return to football and Leroy Rosenior's second spell at Torquay United. A mere 10 minutes after his appointment was announced, the club was taken over by a group of businessmen who informed Rosenior that his services were no longer required.
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: SharePoi...
£80000 - £95000 per annum: Charter Selection: A leading Global organisation Ja...