Nuptials: Sir Ian McKellen to conduct wedding ceremony of old chum Patrick Stewart in Massachusetts
Tuesday 19 March 2013
News to chill the hearts of freelance registrars everywhere: Sir Ian McKellen is now doing weddings. Well, not just any weddings. McKellen will be the celebrant at the wedding of old chum Patrick Stewart to Brooklyn-based jazz singer Sunny Ozell.
McKellen will be taking advantage of a law in the state of Massachusetts that allows a couple to select a family friend or relative to conduct their ceremony, for a $25 fee.
Though presumably local officials will have a better grasp of where the east coast state actually than he. "In Massachusetts, in the middle of America somewhere, you get a friend along," he told The Hollywood Reporter.
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin wedding: The famous congratulate actor and human rights lawyer after Venice nuptials
- < Previous
- Next >
£28, 700: Whiskey Whiskey Tango: Property Management Company is seeking a brig...
£80 - 100k + Bonus: Guru Careers: A COO / Chief Operating Officer is needed to...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: HR Manager / Training Manager (L&D /...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Manager - Edgware, Lon...