Pete Doherty feared missing after The Libertines cancel show due to 'medical emergency'

The singer 'got clean' last year in a rehabilitation centre in Thailand (pictured above)

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Pete Doherty is feared missing after The Libertines were forced to pull out of a concert due to a “medical situation”.

The frontman's publicist told The Independent he has not spoken to Doherty since the band pulled out of the show in Camden two hours after it was scheduled to begin on Thursday night.

Doherty’s manager said he had “no comment” in regards to his whereabouts.

The Libertines have now confirmed the singer is safe on their Facebook page.

Ladies and gentlemen, the day is finally upon us... Thanks for all your comments and support for the new record already...

Posted by The Libertines on Friday, 11 September 2015

"We can assure everyone that Peter is safe. Clearly this is a very private matter in many respects, but we also feel it necessary to let people know he is ok," the band wrote.

The Libertines were due to perform at the Electric Ballroom in north London at 9.15pm, but did not appear on stage.

At 11.30pm a spokesman told the crowd: “Due to an emergency - a medical situation - tonight’s show is being postponed”.

The news had alarmed some fans, who fear the “medical emergency” could be a sign the 36-year-old has had a relapse.

Doherty has a history of drink and substance abuse, often speaking openly about his problems with addiction. In November, he checked himself into a rehabilitation centre in Thailand.

Writing in The Independent, he said: “This is the first time I've chosen rehab for myself, and got clean. Now I want to help others do the same.”

Read more: Pete Doherty - 'To anyone struggling with addiction, just hang on. There is a way out'

Comments