Police Academy star Charles Smith dead
Charles 'Bubba' Smith has been found dead at his Los Angeles home.
The 66-year-old actor and former NFL star - who was best known for his role as Moses Hightower in the hit comedy movie series 'Police Academy' - was found by police yesterday afternoon after officers were called to his property.
According to TMZ, when police arrived, they found the star already deceased and it appeared that he died of natural causes although the coroner is investigating.
Smith played in the NFL for nine seasons before deciding to become an actor in the early 70s. He landed the role of Cadet Moses Hightower in Police Academy in 1984 and appeared in all but one of the seven sequels.
Other stars of the movies include David Graf, G. W. Bailey, Steve Guttenberg and Leslie Easterbrook. As well as the 'Police Academy' franchise, Smith also had several small TV roles, which included 'Half Nelson' and 'Married with Children'.
From the blogs
Time for the monthly treat from David Hayes, who writes about British politics for the Australian In...
Cask ale brewers don’t come much bigger than Marston’s. In fact the brewery, which also owns thousan...
Nadine Dorries talks freely about many things, but not whether she was paid to go on I'm a Cleberity...
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria