Sir Bruce Forsyth to play Hop Farm Festival
Friday 13 April 2012
Sir Bruce Forsyth has signed up to share a stage with Bob Dylan, Suede and Primal Scream at this year's Hop Farm Music Festival.
The veteran entertainer is performing with his big band at the festival in Paddock Wood, Kent.
Its organiser, Vince Power, said: "I am honoured to have the legend that is Sir Bruce come down and make his debut appearance at the Hop Farm this year.
"Not only has he never appeared at a festival, he's never been to a festival. He has been in this business for over 70 years and is a true, true legend, he will be the talking point of the festival."
Sir Bruce, who presents the hit BBC show Strictly Come Dancing, recently made his musical comeback by releasing an album of standards after signing a deal with EMI, including a duet with his granddaughter Sophie Purdie.
The three-day festival, which prides itself on being independent and has no VIP areas and a back-to-basics style, kicks off on Friday June 29.
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are in need of a HR Manage...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + £65,000 OTE: h2 Recruit Ltd: London, Birmingham, M...