Star quality: Helen Mirren honoured on Hollywood Walk Of Fame
Friday 04 January 2013
Helen Mirren has been honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.
She described the occasion as "the most spectacular day for me" and joked, "I'm going to finally lie next to Colin Firth - something I've been wanting to do for a very long time."
"I'm so very, very proud to be henceforth walked upon, have fries dropped upon - maybe even be peed upon by future generations of tourists, Angelinos and their dogs. But please, please, no chewing gum," she added.
Dame Helen has won an Academy Award, four Baftas, three Golden Globes, four Emmy Awards, and two Cannes Film Festival Best Actress Awards.
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
£24000 - £33600 per annum + pre 12 week AWR : Randstad Education Manchester Se...
On Application: Council of Europe: The European Court of Human Rights’s judgme...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Charter Selection: A professional services company ...
£400 - £450 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager (PM), Key Banking Client, Retail ...