Stars flock to St Paul's for Sassoon memorial
Saturday 13 October 2012
St Paul's Cathedral in London yesterday hosted a memorial to Vidal Sassoon, the London-born pioneer of the "bob" hairstyle which epitomised the Swinging Sixties.
Sassoon's widow, Ronnie Holbrook, was joined by a celebrities from the fashion, film, art and design industries, among them Sir Michael Caine, Zandra Rhodes, John Frieda, Nicky Clarke, singer Toyah Willcox and designer Mary Quant.
Sassoon revolutionised the profession, introducing more carefree styles, creating a network of academies and lending his name to hair products, turning his craft into a multimillion pound industry. He died 84 at his home in Los Angeles in May.
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£30000 - £34000 Per Annum 25 days holiday, Private healthcare: Clearwater Peop...
Unpaid: Cancer Research UK: If you’re a professional in project management, lo...
£85 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: We require a teacher of Geogr...