Stars pay tribute to Nora Ephron
Wednesday 11 July 2012
Stephen Spielberg and his wife Kate Capshaw, Steve Martin and Meg Ryan were just a few of the famous friends who attended the memorial for Hollywood screenwriter Nora Ephron yesterday.
"How do you talk about a friend who said everything you wished you could say?" said Meryl Streep in her address to the service in New York's Lincoln Centre. "Everything you wanted to say in the world, but better and shorter and funnier?" Other speakers included Tom Hanks and Martin Short.
The writer of When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle, died last month aged 71.
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Have you been doing a brilliant job in an admi...
£26,498 - £31,556: Surrey County Council: We are looking for an outgoing, conf...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you an innovative, senior H...
£20000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our client, a very well respect...