Uma Thurman stalker seeks plea deal in new case
Wednesday 23 February 2011
Uma Thurman's convicted stalker is trying to work out a plea deal after a Manhattan court refused to strike or pare down charges that he flouted a court order by trying to contact her again.
A judge said today there was enough evidence to support the new contempt, stalking and other charges against Jack Jordan.
Jordan's lawyer and prosecutors say they're discussing the possibility of a plea deal but haven't reached any agreement.
Jordan was convicted in 2008 of stalking and harassing the Pulp Fiction actress. He was sentenced to three years' probation and told not to try to contact her for five years.
Prosecutors say he called some of Thurman's phone lines and demanded to speak to her twice in October.
Jordan's lawyer says the charges are excessive.
Latest in News
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Job Title - HR Manager Role type - Pe...
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Charter Selection: Leading global manufacturing com...
£185 - £250 per day: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a ...