In a characteristically humble interview with The New York Times this week, Kanye West, who was promoting his new album Yeezus (y’know, like Jesus. Told you he was humble), the rapper compared himself with Steve Jobs. “I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means.” He might be on to something, not least if these grandiose quotes are anything to go by. So, who said what?
1. I don’t have one regret.
2. It’s rare that you see in artist in his 30s or 40s able to really contribute something amazing.
3. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
4. Excellence is the bare minimum.
5. I completely lost everything, but I gained everything because I lost the fear.
6. I’m the only person I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year.
7. When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back...
8. This one Corbusier lamp was like, my greatest inspiration.
9. I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation.
Answers 1. Kanye; 2. Steve; 3. Kanye; 4. Kanye; 5. Kanye; 6. Steve; 7. Steve; 8. Kanye; 9. Kanye
- More about:
- Financial Markets
- Financial Regulation
- Stock And Equity Market And Stock Exchange