Obituary: Hidalgo Moya
Wednesday 17 August 1994
First, treatment of clients. An old alderman, who insisted upon attending Moya's display of designs for a housing area, and to persuade his colleagues that he could contribute, said, 'Yes, Mr Moya, I like this end, but I'm not so sure about the other.' In reply Moya neatly tore his layout in two and said, 'Very well sir, I'll build this end and you build the other.' I used this true story for many years to epitomise for my students the correct relation between client and professional. Second, innovative use of materials. No one believed plasterboard hung on piano- wire could serve as partitioning between bedrooms: it still does.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Exciting career opportunity to join East...
£18000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious start-up company b...
VOLUNTARY ONLY - EXPENSES REIMBURSED: Reach Volunteering: Do you love the Engl...