Obituary: The Rev Homer A. Jack
Thursday 26 August 1993
The Rev Homer A. Jack, peace campaigner, died Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, 5 August aged 77. Founder of the UN Non-Governmental Committee on Disarmament, and involved in the early days of Sane, the national committee for a sane nuclear policy. Secretary General of the World Conference on Religion and Peace 1970-83.
Call the publicist
ebooksA year of political gossip, levity and intrigue from the sharpest pen in Westminster
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are in need of a HR Manage...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + £65,000 OTE: h2 Recruit Ltd: London, Birmingham, M...
Day In a Page