Paul McCartney has left Japan, after recovering from a virus that left him hospitalised last week.
The former Beatle exited the country yesterday (Monday 26 May) on a chartered flight to London, Japanese media reports.
The 71-year-old was forced to cancel his Japanese and South Korean tour last week, after being admitted into hospital.
He said he was “so disappointed” at not being able to perform, and apologised for “letting fans down” on Twitter.
He was struck down with the virus on 16 May and was ordered to rest in his hotel room, before being admitted to hospital on 20 May. Fans kept a vigil outside to show their support.
“Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world,” his spokeswoman, Perri Cohen, said last week.
There are plans to reschedule the cancelled gigs in the near future.
“Paul McCartney himself hopes to return to Japan for more concerts as soon as possible,” the organisers said in a statement.