Cultural Life: Macy Gray, Singer
I’m a huge Jack White fan so I’ve been listening to his latest record Blunderbuss a lot. He’s very serious about what he does, and I like that he’s not afraid to try new things that might not be popular. I’m also a huge Black Keys fan; the production on their latest album El Camino is really raw but everybody’s upbeat and it sounds awesome.
The very last movie I saw was Sparkle, Whitney Houston’s final movie. It was cute but I’ve seen the original version (1976) a million times and I’m a huge fan of that one. It’s about this singing group that gets caught up in drugs .
I recently saw The Book of Mormon on Broadway by Trey Stone and Matt Parker and that was pretty wild. I just saw Wicked; that’s an amazing musical, it’s genius.
The last show I saw was Tim Burton’s drawings and other art works of his in LA. I’m not really a collector of art, but I have a couple of Warhols, two Basquiats, some Herakuts and my friend Thellus Singleton’s stuff.
I’m a big fan of Breaking Bad, it’s such a great show. You can’t even believe what’s happening. Macy Gray’s new album, ‘ Talking Book’, a reimagining of Stevie Wonder songs, is out now.
From the blogs
David Prior's very personal reason for thinkg that investigators need appropriate expertise
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
As a reluctant vegetarian (so reluctant that I'm not vegetarian at all) and a reluctant risotto eate...
Time for the monthly treat from David Hayes, who writes about British politics for the Australian In...
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t