Saturday 01 January 1994
Sir Sidney Ridley, of Netherbury, Dorset, Domestic Bursar of St John's College, Oxford 1960-68, and former Commissioner in Sind, India, left estate valued at pounds 419,664 net. He left pounds 1,000 each to Lancaster Royal Grammar School, St John's College, Oxford, and Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge.
Sir Roy Watts, of Charlbury, Oxfordshire, chairman of Thames Water, and former chief executive and joint deputy chairman of British Airways, left estate valued at pounds 389,855 net.
Mr John Gwyn Evans, of Llandeilo, Dyfed, former deputy managing director and general manager of the Daily Telegraph, left estate valued at pounds 127,210 net.
Sir John Anthony Langford Holt, of New Milton, Hampshire, Conservative MP for Shrewsbury 1945-83, left estate valued at pounds 134,175 net.
From the blogs
David Prior's very personal reason for thinkg that investigators need appropriate expertise
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
As a reluctant vegetarian (so reluctant that I'm not vegetarian at all) and a reluctant risotto eate...
Time for the monthly treat from David Hayes, who writes about British politics for the Australian In...
In pictures: Saturn images from Cassini probe as it prepares to turn lens towards Earth
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
FBI finds possible human remains at former home of late gangster James Burke - the man who inspired Goodfellas
'Theres something quite unpleasant going on': Nigel Farage confronted for second time on visit to Scotland
World news in pictures
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats