Saturday 23 January 1993
The Right Rev Gerald Alexander Ellison, of Cerne Abbas, Dorset, Bishop of London 1973-81, and Bishop of Chester 1955-73, left estate valued at pounds 59,040 net.
Mr William Buller Fagg, of London SW13, former Keeper of Ethnography at the British Museum, left estate valued at pounds 698,652 net. After personal bequests, he left pounds 1,000 to the Catholic Chapel, Cambridge, and the residue to form the William Buller Fagg Charitable Trust.
Sir Hugh Thomas Weeks, of Chichester, West Sussex, the economist and financier, left estate valued at pounds 351,615 net.
Maj-Gen Sir Herbert Ralph Hone, of London SW15, former head of the legal division of the Commonwealth Office and Governor and Commander-in-Chief, North Borneo, left estate valued at pounds 263,224 net.
Sir Thomas Norman Arthur Jeffcoate, of Liverpool, Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Liverpool University, left estate valued at pounds 565,871 net.
Sir Thomas Robinson Ferens, of Driffield, North Humberside, left estate valued at pounds 3,905,416 net. He left pounds 25,000 to Fight for Sight.
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join one of...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Assistant (Events busi...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This privately-owned company designs and manuf...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen at th...