Words: joott, n.
Friday 26 November 1999
His version of Porter's "Just One of Those Things" is more sombre than, say, Bobby Short's classic, and reminds us that computer buffs are not simply binary-minded mainstays of the pizza-delivery industry but can coin witty language. Joott (pronounced as in rope) means one of those peculiar problems that disappears after a rebooting - it was "just one of those things". Meanwhile, Wired magazine offers a test of salesmen's mettle. Ask if a computer has "LRF support" - and, when told yes, do not reveal that this means little rubber feet.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
news Opponents claim it would stop performers such as Beyonce and Madonna appearing on TV
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
food + drink
Latest in News
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
£22800 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Geography ...
Competitive: Nielsen: We are seeking an enthusiastic intern with a passionate ...
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...