t A fire which wrecked the home of the leading polo players Simon and Claire Tomlinson last Thursday may have been started by a mouse. The couple believe a mouse ate through wires in the attic of their pounds 750,000 mansion at Down Farm, Westonbirt, Gloucestershire, and caused a short circuit.Reuse content
Police investigating the fire on Saturday at the Guards Polo Club, near Windsor Castle, have not ruled out arson. "We don't know how it happened and until we do, we are treating it as suspicious," a Thames Valley Police spokesman said. More than 30 horses stampeded after being rescued from the blaze and it took more than five hours to round them up.