pounds 37,500 fines for the collapse of a seating stand during Pink Floyd concert
Wednesday 26 June 1996
The venue's owner, Earls Court Ltd was fined pounds 12,000, the chartered engineer, David McCallum, was fined pounds 18,000 and Jonathan Smith, a former director of the seating contractor, Arena Promotional Facilities, fined pounds 7,500 after all admitted breaches of the Health and Safety at Work Act. They were also each ordered to pay pounds 5,000 prosecution costs. Judge Timothy Pontius said: "This was an accident waiting to happen."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...