Radio 1 up, Evans is down
Friday 06 August 1999
Virgin also saw an overall drop in its share of listeners from 2.4 per cent in the first quarter of the year to 2.2 per cent in the following three months, according to figures from the Radio Joint Audience Research Ltd.
Ball, the Radio 1 star who is due to marry the DJ Fat Boy Slim later this month, saw her audience up from 6.68 million to 6.88 million over the same period, although her audience dropped by almost 100,000 in London.
The Capital FM DJ Chris Tarrant won the overall ratings battle in London with an increase of 63,000 listeners for his breakfast show during the last quarter.
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...