Rude words from Prodigy at the music awards
The mix and match of sensation and hype included Chris Evans trying to bury the hatchet with the head of Radio One after being told to f**k off by The Prodigy (left) for not playing their album on his radio show, veteran producer Phil Spector insulting the Spice Girls, and Liam Gallagher encouraging the public to go out and get arrested like his brother Liam did after the awards last year.
Eclipsed by it all was the fact that Radiohead won album of the year for OK Computer, The Prodigy won best live act, and The Verve were beaten to best new act by the Fun Lovin' Criminals.
Phil Spector, who won a special award for his long career in the music industry, said that in America right-wing Christian groups claim the Spice Girl's performances are like pornographic movies. But he added: "A porno movie has got better music."
- Paul McCann
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...