Schoolboy, 10, dies after drinks session

Click to follow
The Independent Online
A schoolboy died following an after-school drinking binge, it was revealed yesterday.

Stephen Galloway-McGee, 10, of Paisley, died at Southern General Hospital, Glasgow on Thursday, two days after he and his friends drank from bottles they found in a carrier bag near the former Chrysler car factory underpass in Linwood.

His mother, Margaret, made the decision to turn off his life-support machine. Stephen, who had been declared brain dead earlier in the day, was kept alive on the machine until doctors had carried out tests to discover what had happened to him.

Doctors do not know exactly what Stephen drank, although traces of vodka were found in his body. Police recovered two of the bottles of alcohol which were in the bag and have sent them for analysis.

Comments