Tourism: Parking most vital for B&B guests
Wednesday 09 April 1997
B&B guests rate on-site parking as the most important thing about their stay - even above a cooked breakfast or an evening meal, the AA said.
After parking, the top priority was a cooked breakfast. The next most important aspect of a B&B stay was tea and coffee-making facilities in the room.
An evening meal was fourth in the priority list, while the availability of an ironing board and telephone in the guests' bedroom was rated as the least important.
The survey was carried out during tests for the AA's Landlady of the Year competition. Twenty finalists have been chosen from more than 3,500 AA-listed small hotels, guesthouses, farmhouses and inns.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...