Adams cousin gets 25 years
Friday 19 May 1995
A cousin of the Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams was jailed for 25 years yesterday after being convicted of conspiracy to murder. Belfast Crown Court was told David John Adams, 36, was arrested with two men when police stopped a hijacked van. Two rifles, a pistol and a coffee-jar bomb were found.
Adams, Robert Crawford, 37, and Paul Stitt, 24, all from Belfast, were convicted of conspiracy to murder, conspiracy to cause an explosion and possession of guns and explosives with intent to endanger life.
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 EDL marches on Newcastle as attacks on Muslims increase tenfold in the wake of Woolwich machete attack which killed Drummer Lee Rigby
- 5 Farewell, Shameless. Your heirs have work to do
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.