Baby boy for burns victim

Click to follow
The Independent Online
A SEVEN-MONTHS pregnant woman who was badly burnt at a barbecue two weeks ago, has given birth to a three- pound boy.

Susan Guest, 30, of Bristol, Avon, was on a hospital ventilator until Sunday after suffering 30 per cent burns while pouring methylated spirits on to barbecue coals.

She went into labour 10 weeks early, just hours after taking her first unaided breath, and doctors performed an emergency Caesarean operation.

A spokesman for Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, said that the condition of Mrs Guest, who underwent further skin grafts after giving birth, was still 'critical' but having the child could aid her recovery.

Comments