Bigamist lawyer is jailed
Friday 01 October 1993
Isleworth Crown Court in west London was told that Victor Harris, 40, of Wokingham, Berkshire, whose one-man practice was closed by the Law Society in 1990, had to meet mortgage payments of pounds 8,000 a month.
In two trials, Harris was found guilty by one jury of 10 charges involving nearly pounds 300,000 and by a second jury of bigamy in his second marriage in December 1982.
Harris, who denied the charges, was jailed for two-and-a-half years for fraud and six months for bigamy.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela's death: South Africa and the world mourns loss of Nelson Mandela
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...