Boy died in solvent vat

Click to follow
The Independent Online
The body of a 15-year-old boy who fell into a giant vat of solvent during a sniffing escapade lay in a Shell UK tank for almost seven years, an inquest in Cheshire was told yesterday. It was discovered last September when the tank was emptied..

Jason had disappeared from his home in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, in November 1987 after an argument with his mother and stepfather.

A verdict of accidental death was recorded, but afterwards Jason's stepfather, John Andrews, said Shell "had some questions to answer'.

Comments