Bridgewater murder case man's hope
Wednesday 09 September 1992
Michael Hickey, 31, was speaking after he and his cousin Vincent, 31, were released from jail to go to the funeral of Michael's father, Joe, in Birmingham.
The two men were convicted with James Robinson, 56, and Patrick Molloy - who died in prison in 1981 - after 13-year-old Carl was shot in the head in 1978. The boy had gone to Yew Tree Farm, Stourbridge, West Midlands, and apparently disturbed burglars.
The Home Office has been considering for a month whether the case should go back to the Court of Appeal following an investigation by Merseyside detectives.
The men's solicitor, James Nichol said he was disappointed the process was taking so long: 'If there is a miscarriage of justice then it is now being extended by the year and three months since I submitted a petition to the Home Secretary.'
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...