British Rail drops plans for high-speed line
Wednesday 05 August 1992
Tenders for the pounds 400m trains on the west coast main line from London to Glasgow have been allowed to lapse because BR is 'no longer in a position to proceed with the project'.
The project had previously obtained government approval and tenders for the rolling stock which would be capable of running at 250 kilometres per hour (155mph) were due to be signed in May. A three-month extension was then given but now plans for the trains have been dropped.
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£320 - £350 per day + extension beyond: PCR Recruitment Limited: Systems Engin...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company delivers display ad...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: 1st/2nd Line Suppo...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Internal Audit Ma...