City: Bull run in '93, or a case of mad cow?
Sunday 20 December 1992
So why is he so out of line? Well, for a start, everyone's got it wrong about next year, he says. It's going to be a much stronger recovery than people think. The economic forecasters got it wrong during the downturn, when they were far too optimistic, and as likely as not they are wildly wrong about the upturn by being too pessimistic.
Don't worry about funding the budget deficit, Mr Knight says; it won't be nearly as large as everyone thinks. Nor will the international situation be the dampener most predict. German interest rates will be on the way down shortly, fending off looming recession in Germany and France. With economic recovery already well under way in the US, all is sweetness and light. And a merry Christmas to you, too, but can Mr Knight really be taken seriously? He has had some good calls over the past couple of years and last week's surge in shares, taking many to record highs, seems to augur well. Let's hope this one doesn't prove a call too far.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Harrington S...
£38000 - £45000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - To...
£45500 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Have you been thinking about taking t...
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ Dev...