Couple `may have known their killers'
Thursday 15 December 1994
Officers investigating the deaths of Arthur Wilson, 65, and his wife, Shirley, 61, said the couple may have known their killer. When police arrived at their bungalow in Bramford, near Ipswich, the doors were locked, there was no sign of a break-in and money had been left inside the property.
Acting Superintendent Peter Worobec said Mr Wilson, a former manager of Ipswich railway station, was bound hand and foot before being strangled. Mrs Wilson was not tied up, but she was found strangled in the living room of the bungalow.
"There were no signs of a struggle to any extent," he said. "One theory is that they let someone in that they knew ... some cash was found in the house that was not well hidden, so the motive does not seem to be theft."
Mr and Mrs Wilson had two daughters and a son, all married. It is understood they called police after failing to contact their parents.
Supt Worobec said he believed the murders took place between 10.30am and 8pm on Monday.
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...