21/7: timetable of terror alert
* 12.25pm police evacuate Shepherd's Bush Tube station on the Hammersmith and City line following an attempt to set off an explosion.
* 12.30pm Emergency services are first called to Oval Tube station. Around 20 or 30 passengers are evacuated from a Tube train saying that they had seen "white smoke". There are also reports of a man dumping a rucksack in a carriage then fleeing as the doors closed.
* 12.45pm London Ambulance Service sends five vehicles to Warren Street Tube station after reports of a rucksack exploding on a train in a tunnel just outside the station.
* 1.15pm Pubs and offices near Warren Street Tube station are evacuated.
* 1.22pm London Underground says it has suspended services on the Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern lines.
* 1.30pm The driver of the number 26 bus reports hearing a bang followed by a smell of smoke coming from the upper deck while driving along Hackney Road, Shoreditch. Upstairs he finds the windows blown out.
* 1.45pm Transport for London confirms it has imposed a Code Amber at all three affected Tube lines which means trains are taken to the next station and passengers evacuated to above ground.
* 1.45pm Police with sniffer dogs comb the pavement along Euston Road, near Warren Street and the surrounding area.
* 2.05pm Transport for London confirms that four lines - the Hammersmith and City, Northern, Bakerloo and Victoria - remain suspended.
* 2.24pm Metropolitan Police confirm armed officers have been deployed to University College Hospital where they are dealing with an incident.
* 2.40pm An initial examination at Oval shows that there is no trace of chemical agents.
* 2.45pm Downing Street confirms the Government's civil contingencies committee - known as Cobra - would be meeting in response to the latest incidents.
* 3.10pm London Underground says the Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines have also been suspended, although no incidents have been reported on those lines.
* 3.20pm British Transport Police confirm no trace of chemical agents have been found at Warren Street station following the incident there.
* 3.25pm London Fire Brigade says officers are deployed at Warren Street London Underground station in full protective equipment as a precaution in order to examine the scene.
* 4pm Armed police and dog handlers arrive at Shepherd's Bush to begin searches of streets that had earlier been sealed off.
Lana Del Rey: 'I have slept with a lot of guys in the industry'
Peaches Geldof cause of death: 'Heroin addict' socialite had taken fatal dose of drug, inquest concludes
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?