21/7: timetable of terror alert
* 12.25pm police evacuate Shepherd's Bush Tube station on the Hammersmith and City line following an attempt to set off an explosion.
* 12.30pm Emergency services are first called to Oval Tube station. Around 20 or 30 passengers are evacuated from a Tube train saying that they had seen "white smoke". There are also reports of a man dumping a rucksack in a carriage then fleeing as the doors closed.
* 12.45pm London Ambulance Service sends five vehicles to Warren Street Tube station after reports of a rucksack exploding on a train in a tunnel just outside the station.
* 1.15pm Pubs and offices near Warren Street Tube station are evacuated.
* 1.22pm London Underground says it has suspended services on the Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern lines.
* 1.30pm The driver of the number 26 bus reports hearing a bang followed by a smell of smoke coming from the upper deck while driving along Hackney Road, Shoreditch. Upstairs he finds the windows blown out.
* 1.45pm Transport for London confirms it has imposed a Code Amber at all three affected Tube lines which means trains are taken to the next station and passengers evacuated to above ground.
* 1.45pm Police with sniffer dogs comb the pavement along Euston Road, near Warren Street and the surrounding area.
* 2.05pm Transport for London confirms that four lines - the Hammersmith and City, Northern, Bakerloo and Victoria - remain suspended.
* 2.24pm Metropolitan Police confirm armed officers have been deployed to University College Hospital where they are dealing with an incident.
* 2.40pm An initial examination at Oval shows that there is no trace of chemical agents.
* 2.45pm Downing Street confirms the Government's civil contingencies committee - known as Cobra - would be meeting in response to the latest incidents.
* 3.10pm London Underground says the Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines have also been suspended, although no incidents have been reported on those lines.
* 3.20pm British Transport Police confirm no trace of chemical agents have been found at Warren Street station following the incident there.
* 3.25pm London Fire Brigade says officers are deployed at Warren Street London Underground station in full protective equipment as a precaution in order to examine the scene.
* 4pm Armed police and dog handlers arrive at Shepherd's Bush to begin searches of streets that had earlier been sealed off.
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Greece elections: Greek PM Alexis Tsipras takes aim at 'neo-liberal' Europe as country gears up for prolonged austerity battle
Auschwitz liberation 70th anniversary: Woman sent to three Nazi death camps describes surviving gas chamber
Prince Philip set to be knighted by Australia: Celebrate by reading his greatest gaffes
New York snow: Winter Storm Juno downgraded as 'one of the largest snowstorms in history' fails to show
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2