21/7: timetable of terror alert
* 12.25pm police evacuate Shepherd's Bush Tube station on the Hammersmith and City line following an attempt to set off an explosion.
* 12.30pm Emergency services are first called to Oval Tube station. Around 20 or 30 passengers are evacuated from a Tube train saying that they had seen "white smoke". There are also reports of a man dumping a rucksack in a carriage then fleeing as the doors closed.
* 12.45pm London Ambulance Service sends five vehicles to Warren Street Tube station after reports of a rucksack exploding on a train in a tunnel just outside the station.
* 1.15pm Pubs and offices near Warren Street Tube station are evacuated.
* 1.22pm London Underground says it has suspended services on the Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern lines.
* 1.30pm The driver of the number 26 bus reports hearing a bang followed by a smell of smoke coming from the upper deck while driving along Hackney Road, Shoreditch. Upstairs he finds the windows blown out.
* 1.45pm Transport for London confirms it has imposed a Code Amber at all three affected Tube lines which means trains are taken to the next station and passengers evacuated to above ground.
* 1.45pm Police with sniffer dogs comb the pavement along Euston Road, near Warren Street and the surrounding area.
* 2.05pm Transport for London confirms that four lines - the Hammersmith and City, Northern, Bakerloo and Victoria - remain suspended.
* 2.24pm Metropolitan Police confirm armed officers have been deployed to University College Hospital where they are dealing with an incident.
* 2.40pm An initial examination at Oval shows that there is no trace of chemical agents.
* 2.45pm Downing Street confirms the Government's civil contingencies committee - known as Cobra - would be meeting in response to the latest incidents.
* 3.10pm London Underground says the Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines have also been suspended, although no incidents have been reported on those lines.
* 3.20pm British Transport Police confirm no trace of chemical agents have been found at Warren Street station following the incident there.
* 3.25pm London Fire Brigade says officers are deployed at Warren Street London Underground station in full protective equipment as a precaution in order to examine the scene.
* 4pm Armed police and dog handlers arrive at Shepherd's Bush to begin searches of streets that had earlier been sealed off.
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more