21/7: timetable of terror alert
* 12.25pm police evacuate Shepherd's Bush Tube station on the Hammersmith and City line following an attempt to set off an explosion.
* 12.30pm Emergency services are first called to Oval Tube station. Around 20 or 30 passengers are evacuated from a Tube train saying that they had seen "white smoke". There are also reports of a man dumping a rucksack in a carriage then fleeing as the doors closed.
* 12.45pm London Ambulance Service sends five vehicles to Warren Street Tube station after reports of a rucksack exploding on a train in a tunnel just outside the station.
* 1.15pm Pubs and offices near Warren Street Tube station are evacuated.
* 1.22pm London Underground says it has suspended services on the Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern lines.
* 1.30pm The driver of the number 26 bus reports hearing a bang followed by a smell of smoke coming from the upper deck while driving along Hackney Road, Shoreditch. Upstairs he finds the windows blown out.
* 1.45pm Transport for London confirms it has imposed a Code Amber at all three affected Tube lines which means trains are taken to the next station and passengers evacuated to above ground.
* 1.45pm Police with sniffer dogs comb the pavement along Euston Road, near Warren Street and the surrounding area.
* 2.05pm Transport for London confirms that four lines - the Hammersmith and City, Northern, Bakerloo and Victoria - remain suspended.
* 2.24pm Metropolitan Police confirm armed officers have been deployed to University College Hospital where they are dealing with an incident.
* 2.40pm An initial examination at Oval shows that there is no trace of chemical agents.
* 2.45pm Downing Street confirms the Government's civil contingencies committee - known as Cobra - would be meeting in response to the latest incidents.
* 3.10pm London Underground says the Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines have also been suspended, although no incidents have been reported on those lines.
* 3.20pm British Transport Police confirm no trace of chemical agents have been found at Warren Street station following the incident there.
* 3.25pm London Fire Brigade says officers are deployed at Warren Street London Underground station in full protective equipment as a precaution in order to examine the scene.
* 4pm Armed police and dog handlers arrive at Shepherd's Bush to begin searches of streets that had earlier been sealed off.
Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
Who should I vote for in the general election? Take The Independent's interactive quiz to find out which party is the right choice for you
Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
Mysterious 'X-Files' sounds heard miles above the Earth
Met Gala 2015: Jason Derulo falling over in epic fashion, the event's most talked about moment, wasn't what it seemed
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 4 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach