68-year-old man jailed for sexually assaulting six-year-old in Kings Cross McDonalds toilets

Brian Lucking was sentenced to four years in jail for the assault in July last year

Click to follow
The Independent Online

A 68-year-old man has been jailed for four years after he sexually assaulted a six-year-old boy in the public toilets of Kings Cross McDonalds in the middle of the day.

Brain Lucking followed the young child into the toilets off the Caledonian Road branch of the fast food chain at roughly 1.30pm and abused him while the boy’s mother waited outside on 19 July last year.

The boy immediately told his mother who managed to get a photograph of Lucking as he fled the restaurant before calling the police who arrested him two hours later.

Lucking, who pleaded guilty to one count of sexually assaulting a male under the age of 14 years on 23 October, was sentenced on Friday at Blackfriars Crown Court.

He will serve four years in prison and will receive an extended six years on licence for the attack.  

Detective Inspector Neil Smithson from the Met’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command commended the young child and his mother for their actions.

“I would like to praise the boy and his family for their quick reactions at the scene and for their bravery throughout this whole process,” he said in a statement released to the press.

Det Smithson continued: “Lucking targeted a young boy in a relatively public location. Thankfully, this sort of assault is rare, but the sentence should demonstrate the seriousness with which the police and the courts view these matters.”

“Whilst this was an isolated incident, the method of Mr Lucking’s offending suggests there may be other unreported offences and as such police are appealing for any other victims of Mr Lucking to come forward,” he added.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command (SOECA) based at Holborn on 020 8733 5999