£8m of cocaine hidden in 'carrot juice' tins
Wednesday 23 January 2013
One of the biggest ever seizures of liquid cocaine has been made after the drug was detected in juice tins at Gatwick Airport, the UK Border Agency said today.
The drug was found hidden in tins marked as carrot juice that were flown in from Jamaica on January 14.
Around 80kg of liquid cocaine was found which could have a street value of around £8 million.
Police tracked the drugs to Beckenham in south London and five people were arrested.
William Hayles, 50, and Randall St Patrick Lewis, 52, were charged with conspiracy to import controlled drugs and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on April 26.
The other three were released on bail.
Rowan Atkinson to sell £10 million McLaren 'supercar' he crashed into a tree and a lamppost
UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
US blames Russia after rocket attacks in Ukraine kill at least 30
Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers