£8m of cocaine hidden in 'carrot juice' tins
Wednesday 23 January 2013
One of the biggest ever seizures of liquid cocaine has been made after the drug was detected in juice tins at Gatwick Airport, the UK Border Agency said today.
The drug was found hidden in tins marked as carrot juice that were flown in from Jamaica on January 14.
Around 80kg of liquid cocaine was found which could have a street value of around £8 million.
Police tracked the drugs to Beckenham in south London and five people were arrested.
William Hayles, 50, and Randall St Patrick Lewis, 52, were charged with conspiracy to import controlled drugs and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on April 26.
The other three were released on bail.
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Air strikes? Talk of God? Barack Obama is following the jihadists’ script after James Foley beheading
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >