Agencies aware of boy's killers
Friday 24 June 2011
A boy of three was tortured to death by a couple looking after him despite their being known to child protection agencies, a report revealed yesterday.
Ryan Lovell-Hancox died in 2008 from a brain injury suffered at the home of Christopher Taylor and his girlfriend Kayley Boleyn in Bilston, West Midlands. They and Ryan's mother Amy Hancox – unaware of the abuse – were known to authorities. Ms Hancox paid the couple to care for him as she could not cope.
The pair were jailed for murder in 2010.
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly