Albanian murder suspect arrested
Wednesday 11 April 2012
An Albanian man accused of multiple murders in his home country has been arrested in the UK after 15 years on the run, Scotland Yard said.
Ndrieim Sadushi, 41, was picked up by officers outside his home in north London late last night on an international warrant.
He is alleged to have been involved in the killing of three people and the attempted murder of a fourth in Albania in 1997.
In addition to being wanted by the Albanian police, authorities in Italy accuse Sadushi of money laundering and drugs trafficking.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police's extradition unit arrested Sadushi shortly after 11pm outside a property in High Road, Southgate.
He is due to appear before Westminster Magistrates Court later today for an extradition hearing.
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student