A-level teenager charged with murdering boyfriend
A teenager was charged today with murdering her boyfriend hours after collecting her A-level results.
Katherine McGrath, 18, was arrested after partner Alyn Thomas was found dead last Friday in Bridgend, south Wales.
Police and an ambulance crew were called to a house on a quiet cul-de-sac in the Brackla area of the town in the early hours.
McGrath is understood to have been out celebrating on Thursday after picking up her A-level results from Brynteg Comprehensive School.
Mr Thomas, 22, from Cymmer, Neath Port Talbot, had written messages to her on the networking website MySpace.
One last month simply said "I love you" 12 times. He also wrote "I love Kat" under the "about me" section of his own page.
She is due to appear at Bridgend Magistrates' Court later today, South Wales Police said.
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel