Alley 'honour killing' man named
Police today named a man found stabbed to death in an alley in what may have been a honour killing.
The body of Saheel Ahmed, 24, of Blackburn, Lancashire, was discovered after it was believed he was chased by another man wielding a knife in the early hours of yesterday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, off Warrington Street, Little Harwood.
A spokeswoman for Lancashire Police said: "A post-mortem has revealed the cause of death to be multiple injuries. Mr Ahmed had suffered a number of stab wounds consistent with the use of a bladed weapon."
Sources yesterday said one line of inquiry for detectives on the case was the suggestion that it could be a honour-style killing prompted by an alleged affair between the victim and a woman.
Officers were looking at the theory that the murderer may have lain in wait before he carried out the revenge attack at about 1.50am.
No arrests have yet been made.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 Pensioner James Gray places advert in newspaper for company on Christmas Day
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >