Appeal for witnesses after fatal collision
Monday 26 December 2011
A man died after being hit by a car in the early hours of Christmas Day.
Avon and Somerset Police appealed for witnesses following the fatal collision in Clevedon.
The man was killed when he was hit by a Mazda in Kenn Road at around 1.15am yesterday. He was declared dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: "Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal road traffic collision in Clevedon.
"A Mazda was in collision with a man believed to be in his late teens or early 20s. The man was declared dead at the scene.
"An investigation is under way to establish the circumstances surrounding the collision."
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information which could help the investigation is asked to contact Avon and Somerset Police on 101.
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker