Appeal for witnesses after fatal collision
Monday 26 December 2011
A man died after being hit by a car in the early hours of Christmas Day.
Avon and Somerset Police appealed for witnesses following the fatal collision in Clevedon.
The man was killed when he was hit by a Mazda in Kenn Road at around 1.15am yesterday. He was declared dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: "Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal road traffic collision in Clevedon.
"A Mazda was in collision with a man believed to be in his late teens or early 20s. The man was declared dead at the scene.
"An investigation is under way to establish the circumstances surrounding the collision."
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information which could help the investigation is asked to contact Avon and Somerset Police on 101.
Stephen Hawking's wife Jane Wilde on their marriage breakdown: 'The family were left behind'
Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
Someone has actually got a tattoo of that dress
PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
White and gold or blue and black – what colour is the dress? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed