Arrest follows death of man in Croydon stabbing
Sunday 01 April 2012
A 30-year-old man has been arrested after a town centre stabbing left one person dead and another in hospital.
Scotland Yard was called to Croydon High Street, south London, in the early hours of Saturday morning and found two men with stab wounds. A 25-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene while the other was taken to a hospital in south London to be treated for his injuries. He is in a stable condition.
A police forensic tent has been set up outside the Ship pub, near the scene of the stabbing, as detectives and forensic officers carry out their investigations. It is not yet clear whether the stabbing occurred inside the pub, or on the street outside.
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence