Attacker accepts proposal
Thursday 12 April 2012
A man stabbed by his partner tried to propose to her in court after she was jailed for three years for the attack.
Tiffany Baillie, 32, plunged a kitchen knife into Gregory Todd's back at their flat in Hessle, East Yorkshire, in December, Hull Crown Court heard.
She admitted causing grievous bodily harm with intent at a previous hearing.
Chef Mr Todd, 48, brought an engagement ring to court in the hope Baillie would walk free.
He said his barrister took it to Baillie and he was relieved to be told that it fitted her.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >