Axe-wielding bikers raid jeweller's shop inside Brent Cross shopping centre
Tuesday 06 November 2012
Robbers on motorcycles raided a shopping centre jeweller's shop armed with axes today.
Four people carrying what are believed to be axes and bats entered Brent Cross Shopping Centre, in north London, shortly after 10.15am today.
The gang, who rode into the centre on three motorbikes, left with a haul of watches and jewellery.
No one was injured in the raid, but an elderly man was treated for shock at the scene.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "No firearms were seen. The suspects fled the scene on the motorbikes in the direction of Hendon Central.
"The motorbikes were subsequently found abandoned a short time later at a nearby golf course."
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...