Axe-wielding bikers raid jeweller's shop inside Brent Cross shopping centre
Tuesday 06 November 2012
Robbers on motorcycles raided a shopping centre jeweller's shop armed with axes today.
Four people carrying what are believed to be axes and bats entered Brent Cross Shopping Centre, in north London, shortly after 10.15am today.
The gang, who rode into the centre on three motorbikes, left with a haul of watches and jewellery.
No one was injured in the raid, but an elderly man was treated for shock at the scene.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "No firearms were seen. The suspects fled the scene on the motorbikes in the direction of Hendon Central.
"The motorbikes were subsequently found abandoned a short time later at a nearby golf course."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >