Axe-wielding bikers raid jeweller's shop inside Brent Cross shopping centre
Tuesday 06 November 2012
Robbers on motorcycles raided a shopping centre jeweller's shop armed with axes today.
Four people carrying what are believed to be axes and bats entered Brent Cross Shopping Centre, in north London, shortly after 10.15am today.
The gang, who rode into the centre on three motorbikes, left with a haul of watches and jewellery.
No one was injured in the raid, but an elderly man was treated for shock at the scene.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "No firearms were seen. The suspects fled the scene on the motorbikes in the direction of Hendon Central.
"The motorbikes were subsequently found abandoned a short time later at a nearby golf course."
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader