Axe-wielding bikers raid jeweller's shop inside Brent Cross shopping centre
Tuesday 06 November 2012
Robbers on motorcycles raided a shopping centre jeweller's shop armed with axes today.
Four people carrying what are believed to be axes and bats entered Brent Cross Shopping Centre, in north London, shortly after 10.15am today.
The gang, who rode into the centre on three motorbikes, left with a haul of watches and jewellery.
No one was injured in the raid, but an elderly man was treated for shock at the scene.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "No firearms were seen. The suspects fled the scene on the motorbikes in the direction of Hendon Central.
"The motorbikes were subsequently found abandoned a short time later at a nearby golf course."
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama