Axe-wielding bikers raid jeweller's shop inside Brent Cross shopping centre
Tuesday 06 November 2012
Robbers on motorcycles raided a shopping centre jeweller's shop armed with axes today.
Four people carrying what are believed to be axes and bats entered Brent Cross Shopping Centre, in north London, shortly after 10.15am today.
The gang, who rode into the centre on three motorbikes, left with a haul of watches and jewellery.
No one was injured in the raid, but an elderly man was treated for shock at the scene.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "No firearms were seen. The suspects fled the scene on the motorbikes in the direction of Hendon Central.
"The motorbikes were subsequently found abandoned a short time later at a nearby golf course."
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain