Ban for principal who ignored sex abuse claims
The former head of a school where a teacher sexually abused pupils has been banned from teaching.
Chris Hood, 55, was dismissed from Hillside First School in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset after Nigel Leat’s crimes were exposed.
A professional conduct panel had found Mr Hood had failed to raise concerns about Leat’s increasingly sexual behaviour and did not support staff in raising concerns. Education Secretary Michael Gove has now approved the decision to ban Mr Hood from teaching in any school, sixth form college, youth accommodation or children’s home in England. Leat was jailed indefinitely in 2011 after admitting 36 sexual offences.
Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
Justin Bieber posts Instagram photo of Orlando Bloom crying after Ibiza fight 'over Miranda Kerr'
Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
Kelsey Grammer forgives the man who raped and murdered his sister in 1975
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza
- < Previous
- Next >